I’m sorry I’ve fallen out of the habit of updating this blog, the whole post-Match period has been such a whirlwind of life changes, it has been hard to keep up. I’m planning and hoping to make at least one more post after graduation!! I’ll try to pose for a decent picture for the occasion.
Like I mentioned previously, Tim & I are divorcing. That continues to be a difficult process but we are embarking on a new relationship dynamic that enables us to communicate about important and mundane topics - from taking care of 2 adolescents to the logistics of separating and packing up our still-shared household.
I’m all set to relocate to Asheville, NC! The housing search has been quite insane with 3 full sets of plans with a different domicile, moving & travel arrangements for each one. If I were more inclined toward the habit of writing stories, I might be able to tell the insane tale here, but for now I'm too traumatized by the whole process. However, things seem to be looking up, at least as of right now.
I’m happy to report that the third time was a charm! Unless my home inspection finds something terribly wrong (not expected since the seller has only been there 2 years but fingers crossed nonetheless!) I now have a final plan - a townhouse in West Asheville that I will be moving into on June 20th. Work starts wtih a general orientation day on Friday June 23rd and real training begins the following Monday. Below see a few shots of my new home.
In one of those examples of great co-parenting communication, Tim & I have decided to send the kids to camp here in Oregon before they relocate to Asheville this summer. They will be joining me there in the middle of July. I’ll miss them but they have both been presented with such amazing adventures I can’t help but be proud and amazed at how grown up they’ve both become!
Since I've had no income since the last student loan disbursal in March, I’m especially grateful for the continued financial support from so many friends. It is really making a huge difference in my life right now! Any additional support that you might be able to throw my way would be doubly appreciated in this gap between school and a paycheck.
Thank you so much for all your support!



No comments:
Post a Comment