Today is my last day of vacation. Tomorrow I get a late
start at 8am to meet the team I’ll be working with in the Cardiovascular ICU.
After that, I’ll be carrying a patient load and my days will start even
earlier.
The fact that I’m looking forward to driving to the hospital
before rush hour traffic starts might give you some insight into my frame of
mind – I’m looking forward to going back to school!
I spent the day getting ready to be really busy again –
prepping & packing breakfasts & lunches, getting my stethoscope and
white coat together, etc. I also spent some time doing some family things –
until today my son had ONE pair of pants that he was wearing, over and over
again (for the record, he has more than 1 pair of pants, he just doesn't wear any of the others). I’m happy to say we’ve managed to double his pants wardrobe! It was sort of amusing
to observe the interaction with D this morning – me insisting that he needs
more than 1 pair of pants, him acting like he’s doing me a favor by going to
the store, both of us wondering why the other is being so unreasonable!
I also finished my latest needle felting project today. Duncan asked for a crested
penguin.
Here he is:
This guy is an effort at a more realistic animal. Pity
the feet needed to be so big to stabilize him. I intended to get eyes for him
too but ended up doing some extra errands today and didn’t get around to it. I
find this to be a very forgiving and peaceful hobby. For instance, the body and
head of this penguin actually started off as parts of a panda that did NOT work
out. The tufts on the head were an experiment as well. Getting them even
required going back over them a few times with tiny bit of woo1.
I did finally get around to cleaning the bathrooms. When I'm working so much, the parts of the house I see the most are my night stand and the bathroom, I really like at least those bits to be less dirty and cluttered.
I will keep updating here as the year progresses, with some
stories of the 4th year. Thank you to everyone who has donated to
support our family. February enters us into that inbetween stage where there is
still a long time until the next student loan deposit and it is a huge relief
for me to know that we have help.
No comments:
Post a Comment